I’ve always wanted to do one of these blog posts, but decided to wait until my blog had a better following so that people would actually read it. Yesterday I set up an Ask.fm account to get a couple of questions (I knew people would be afraid to ask things if they couldn’t ask them anonymously) and I got a lot more than I’d initially planned on answering! But hey, you guys want to know this stuff so I’m going to try and answer each question the best I can. Obviously, there were some questions asked that I just can’t answer (about specific people, etc.) without it causing hassle, so I’ll have to leave those ones out, sorry! Anyways, here it goes.
- What is your opinion on casual sex/friends with benefits situations? Especially in college life.
My opinion on this topic is pretty much my opinion on everything; each to their own. If people want to engage in casual sex or friends with benefits it doesn’t bother me, as I’m not affected by their decision to do so. As long as both people give consent and are happy to have a relationship like that, it’s no skin off my back.
- What would you have done if you didn’t get offered Journalism and had to stay in New Media and English?
I think about this a lot, and I probably would have stuck it out begrudgingly. I would have felt so bad telling my parents that I didn’t like it and wanting to drop it when at the end of the day it would have provided me with the Journalism degree that I wanted. But I found the course pretty boring, and I don’t think I’d be doing very well.
- Do you consider yourself straight or bi? #YesForEquality
I knew I’d get a question like this after all my #VoteYes tweets. I don’t really know how to answer this because I don’t believe that people should have to label their sexuality. It’s not like you wake up one day and say “Mom, I’m straight.” I consider myself… A person?
- Do you ever feel like you’re annoying people when talking about #MarRef, and if so, do you think one should continue “annoying” them? I often feel like I’m pestering people, but I can’t help thinking one more minute, one more point, one more plea will change, or make up their mind.
Nah the only people that I annoy are no voters who are stuck in their ways, don’t feel like you’re pestering people.
- Who is your biggest influence?
Jenna Marbles. Always Jenna Marbles.
- Any advice for repeat leaving certs?
Just keep going because as you’ll know from last year, the last few weeks fly by and they’re what matter the most. I have serious respect for you all because I couldn’t bring myself to repeat.
- What foundation do you use? It’s flawless.
Thank you! I use MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW10 because I’m paler than Snow White herself.
- What’s the most thing you miss about home apart from the people?
I miss living in an actual house, I’m in an apartment this year and it’s not very homely, just feels like I’m living in a hotel. I also really miss healthy dinners, because I don’t have the patience to make them.
- I just kinda want to know the whole process of booking a tattoo and getting it done. Do you book weeks/months in advance? How do you even book it? Do you email or go into the shop? Does the tattoo artist draw you up a design or do you bring in your exact design ready to go? I’m just so confused!
It’s different in every shop. Where I’ve gotten my tattoos (Hard Knox, Limerick) I ring up about a week or two before and book it, but certain artists have waiting lists that are months long. You just basically ring up and ask for a booking, and you’ll have to call in to discuss the tattoo and the design you want. Usually they’ll give you a price estimate and you pay a deposit (I’ve never paid a deposit in Hard Knox though, because Steve is sound). You bring in your design and usually they change it up a little bit, I’d advise going with what they recommend here as they’re the professionals and they know best.
- Do you find a big difference between living in the country last year and the town this year? Which do you prefer and why?
Huge difference. It’s a lot easier to be myself in the city and everything’s on your doorstep, so I definitely prefer the city life. I do miss home though!
- Also, how long did yours [tattoos] take and around how much did it cost, if you don’t mind me asking?
My first tattoo took almost two hours and cost €120, and my second one took about an hour and fifteen minutes and cost the same amount. They’re quite big though and that’s a seriously good price for them.
- What celebrity do you think you’re most like and why?
Jenna Marbles, because I don’t care what people think of me.
- What is your greatest achievement?
Actually doing my leaving cert. There were so many times that I broke down and wanted to quit, so I’m really proud of myself for doing it.
- What are your views on religion?
I really, really don’t know what I believe in. But I think it’s pretty cool that some people put so much trust and faith in it, I’d love to have something like religion to help me through the tough times.
- What blogs/ bloggers are you liking at the moment? Any blogs/bloggers that you feel are under appreciated/ underrated/ need more readers or followers?
I’m going to be really honest here and say that I don’t really read many peoples blogs, unless they post regularly. But right now I really like thelauraroseblog.wordpress.com and lifeofanLGBT.wordpress.com
- Biggest regret? Why?
Wasting my second semester of college, I did nothing fun!
- Would you ever consider doing a collaboration with another blogger?
Yeah, that would be so cool. I’m really boring though, nobody would want to collaborate with me!
- Best advice to give to a pre leaving cert student?
Just relax. You’ll get through your exams and when you do, you’ll be the happiest person on earth for the next two months because you’ll truly appreciate how great your life is without the stress of studying.
- Are you in a relationship?
Nope, I am not.
- What do you think of stupid small minded people in favour of the no vote against gay marriage who may have been dropped on their heads and take up personas of video game characters online?
- Favourite place to go out in Limerick, you can’t beat Molly’s or Charlies!
I have to say, I have some pretty good memories from Charlies. But I’m more of an Angel Lane fan!
- What would you tell your 15 year old self?
You weigh less than 8 stone, you’re not fat. You will grow boobs, I promise. Break up with your boyfriend, your relationship is a joke. Get rid of that awful side-fringe.
- Would you ever consider doing an everyday makeup video on your Youtube channel? I just can’t get enough of your eyeliner… It’s on fleek.
I don’t think I’m good enough at doing makeup for that kind of thing. I’ll show you all how I get my eyeliner to come out so well someday though, I promise!
- Would you recommend Limerick for students deciding to go there for college? I’m really unsure, but everyone who goes there seems to love it.
100%, as you said, everyone who goes here loves it. My first semester here was mental, I had the best craic ever and have met some amazing people. It’s perfect because it’s not a huge city like Dublin but it’s not small either, you know? I love UL, even though it’s soooo far away from home.
- Do you think that there’s a path chosen for everyone in life and there’s nothing we can do about it?
Yeah, I have to think that way or I’ll go mad. I don’t think we’re ever given anything that we couldn’t handle in life, and that everything happens for a reason. As my tattoo says, “What will be, will be” and we just have to make the most out of the cards we’re dealt in life.
My next few questions are in part two of this post, which you can read here: